- Retire: Replacing worn tires
- Accidental: Mistake made by a dentist
- Dishonest: An innovative way to stack dishes (pronounced “dish-o-nest”)
- Prompromiscuity: Promiscuity at the prom
- Promising: A group singalong at the prom
- Promissing: A lost prom
- Category: Describes a gory movie about zombie cats
- Forgetting: In favor of getting something (“I’m all forgetting cheeseburgers!”)
- Bandaid: from Danté: “A bandaid all hope ye who enter here with a boo-boo.”
- Explain: Formerly plain… now fancy!
Some more Wordiferous Wanderings:
- Ponderance, as in I pose this question for your ponderance….
- Wordiferous, like vociferous, but can be silent & must involve many words….
- Particularity, a specific, unique idea or thing….
- Particurarity, a rare particularity….
- Farticulate, to emphasize a spoken point with a fart….
- Chocollate (from chocolate + collate), to organize your chocolates…. (as distinct from chocolatte, a delicious coffee drink)
- Napocalypse, a disastrous nap that leads you more tired than before….
- Tempermanent, as in an allegedly temporary plastic sheeting affixed to a broken car window that becomes permanent….
- Factfarter*, as in a person who wordiferously touts his or her alleged expertise and just won’t shut up….
*That one thanks to Mike Whybark
But wait! There’s more!
Anonymoose — a moose in the witness protection program
Cleanstrosity—A cleaning frenzy
And finally, ponder this:
Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama, Donald Trump and Joseph Biden each have 11 letters in their names. And most ominously, so does Ron DeSantis.
Have a great day!